Sunday, July 15, 2007

India in Stuttgart

Last night we were entertained by the Bhangra Brothers and Juggy D at the Bollywood Boogie Night until 5am. Great fun at another day of the Bollywood and Beyond Festival of Stuttgart, Germany. The night before we had the pleasure of a live performance by the Bombay Dub Orchestra. These guys are tremendous musicians who bring a modern vibe to great classical Indian music. If you enjoyed the music from our film you should check out their album, and if you have a chance to see them live -don't miss out!

We've had some time to explore Stuttgart and even had a chance to visit the Schmuck Basar! This is a great walking city and supposedly one of the safest in Germany. I have to wonder if the town in 'Hot Fuzz' was modeled after it...
Ayesha had to leave a few days ago for an audition in London but Josh and I have one more night before we head home tomorrow.

Tonight is the Awards dinner and the closing night film Vanaja, a great film if you haven't seen it already. The sun is out again and the heat is back with a vengeance. Josh and I will be off shortly in search of a fresh Stuttgart pretzel.

Bye und auf Wiedersehen!

-john

3 comments:

sallypoppins said...

Exquisite picture of Josh. ;-P

It was nice meeting you both, but I just wondered if there's a deeper meaning in the words you wrote down for one of my acquaintances?
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1437/819120699_aedf83b91e.jpg

Good to see you liked Stuttgart, so maybe in the near future you may feel the urge to honor us with your presence again. ;)

Wish you all the best!

Anonymous said...

Indeed there is meaning behind that quote... When I first traveled in the East it was to Nepal in a cultural immersion program where i was sent off to live with a family in a very remote village. When I arrived, I sat down with an elder and the first question I was asked was "Do you plow with Oxen?" That was the start of an adventure that inspired OUTSOURCED.

sallypoppins said...

Thanks for the reply!
I see I should read your blog more attentively. Already found the answer in one of your early posts. :-)